What is RoHS Certification?
The Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) directive is a European Union standard that limits the use of six hazardous materials in the manufacture of electronic and electrical equipment. The six substances are lead, mercury, cadmium, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyls (PBB), and polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE). RoHS certification is a validation indicating that a product meets the requirement of the RoHS directive and does not contain more than the allowable amount of these six substances.
Why Get RoHS Certification in Qatar?
RoHS certification is an important step for manufacturers of electronic products, as it ensures that their products meet strict environmental standards. This helps to protect consumers by ensuring the safety and quality of the products they purchase, while also helping to reduce environmental impact by reducing the use of harmful materials.
In addition, many countries and regions around the world have adopted similar restrictions on the use of hazardous materials in electronic products, so RoHS certification is an important factor for manufacturers who are looking to expand their business and sell their products globally.
Benefits of RoHS Certification in Qatar
- Helps to ensure that products are safe for consumers and the environment
- Protects companies against incurring major costs or liabilities due to environmental damage
- Increase the brand value
- Helps to reduce costs of production and assembly by eliminating hazardous substances in products
- Promotes a competitive edge for producers that are able to meet RoHS regulations
- Encourages the use of environmentally-friendly practices and technologies
- Facilitates international trade by harmonizing standards across different markets
Which Products Can be Applied?
RoHS certification applies to a wide range of electronic products, including:
- Computers and accessories
- Mobile devices
- Audio and video equipment
- Electrical appliances, and more.
RoHS Certification Process in Qatar Through IAS
- Contact IAS and apply for RoHS Certification
- Fill up and submit an application form along with the required documentation
- Manufacturers will need to provide documentation and samples of their products to IAS for testing
- Results of the evaluation will be provided after the testing is complete
- If your product passes the evaluation, IAS will issue a certification that verifies compliance with RoHS standards.
Get RoHS Certification in Qatar Through IAS
The process of getting RoHS certified in Qatar can seem daunting, but with the help of IAS, it doesn’t have to be. We provide RoHS certification services, and we can assist you throughout the process. We have a staff of professionals who are knowledgeable about the RoHS Directive’s standards and can help you ensure that your products fulfill all of the necessary requirements.
Contact us today to learn more about our RoHS certification services in Qatar!