What is SA 8000 Certification?
SA 8000 is a voluntary industry social accountability standard that encourages organizations to develop and maintain practices that eliminate discrimination in the workplace, ensure child labor laws are followed and provide employees with a safe and healthy work environment. SA 8000 certification is a validation indicating that an organization's workplace practices meet the requirements of the SA 8000 standard.
Why Get SA 8000 Certification in Iraq?
SA 8000 certification is important because it provides independent verification that a company is committed to providing safe and fair working conditions for its employees. The certification also demonstrates a company's compliance with international labor standards, which can help it expand its business opportunities and markets. In addition, the certification can help a company improve its internal operations and management practices.
Benefits of SA 8000 Certification in Iraq
- Helps ensure that employees are treated fairly and with respect
- Encourages companies to provide a safe and healthy work environment
- Promotes freedom of association and collective bargaining
- Encourages companies to develop policies and practices that protect the environment
- Encourages companies to provide employees with fair wages and benefits
- Provides a framework for companies to measure and improve their performance in meeting social accountability standards
Which Organizations Can Apply?
Any organization that wishes to demonstrate its commitment to social accountability can apply for SA 8000 certification, regardless of size or industry. Some include:
- Manufacturing companies
- Service providers
- Educational institutions
Audit Procedure for SA 8000 Certification in Iraq Through IAS
The certification process has 2 auditing stages, which include:
- Stage 1 Audit (Preliminary audit) – The first stage of the Certification Audit is to determine whether a firm is qualified to advance to Stage 2. During this time, our auditors will get an understanding of the company's business activities, internal controls, and financial position. Our auditors will analyze and evaluate all of the documents and risks associated with the SA 8000 standard and will establish an audit plan.
- Stage 2 Audit (Certification Audit) – During this period, the entire management system of the organization is examined and audited to ensure that it meets SA 8000 requirements. The length of time it takes a company to complete the second stage of an audit is influenced by a variety of things, including its size, the number of branches it has, and the services it offers. After successful completion of both audits, an SA 8000 certification will be granted.
Get SA 8000 Certified in Iraq Through IAS
Integrated Assessment Services Pvt. Ltd. (IAS) is a leading provider of SA 8000 certification in Iraq. We are a UQAS accredited, globally recognized certification body and we offer a simple, straightforward process that helps companies get certified quickly and efficiently. Our team of experts can help your company every step of the way, from completing the initial application to providing on-site support during the audits.
Kindly contact us to have a free discussion about SA 8000 certification in Iraq for your organization! Request a quote now!