What is RoHS Certification?
RoHS certification is a voluntary process that demonstrates compliance with the Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive (2002/95/EC). The directive was adopted in February 2003 by the European Union and restricts the use of six hazardous materials in the manufacture of electronic and electrical equipment.
The six restricted substances are lead, mercury, cadmium, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyls (PBB), and polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE). It is also a good way to demonstrate your commitment to environmental responsibility
Why Get RoHS Certification in Iraq?
As the world becomes more and more digitized, the need for electronic waste recycling increases. The Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive was created in order to protect the environment from the harmful effects of electronic waste. RoHS certification ensures that products comply with the directive and are safe for the environment.
This certification is important for companies that sell or manufacture products that contain electronic components, as it shows that they are committed to protecting the environment. Products that are certified RoHS compliant can be recycled or reused, which reduces the amount of electronic waste that ends up in landfills. This helps to preserve natural resources and prevent pollution.
Benefits of RoHS Certification in Iraq
- Helps to ensure compliance with restrictions on the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment
- Reduces the amount of waste generated from electronic products
- Encourages the use of safer, more environmentally friendly materials in the manufacturing of electronic products
- Increases recycling rates of electronic products and components
- Facilitates the reuse of electronic products and components
- Stimulates innovation and the development of greener technology
- Improves market access for businesses that demonstrate compliance with RoHS standards
Which Organizations Can Apply?
Any organization that manufactures, sells, or deals with electrical and electronic equipment can apply for RoHS certification. This includes:
- Manufacturers of electronic products
- Suppliers of electronic components
- Distributors of electronic products
RoHS Certification Process in Iraq
- Apply for RoHS Certification in Iraq through IAS
- After you submit your application, our certification audit team will contact you to go over all of the necessary paperwork before inspecting them.
- The certification process has several stages and must be completed in its entirety. If an issue is discovered during the certification procedure, it must be addressed as soon as possible to avoid delays in the certification process.
- When all of the RoHS requirements have been fulfilled, a company may be granted RoHS certification.
Refer to our Product Certification Process to know about the certification process in detail.
Get RoHS Certified in Iraq Through IAS
If you want to get RoHS certification in Iraq, IAS can help. We are the country's leading provider of environmental and safety certifications. We've been assisting firms in complying with the RoHS directive for years. We provide a wide range of services to assist you in obtaining RoHS certification, including – application assistance, product testing, certification audits, and on-site inspections.
If you are interested in getting RoHS certification in Iraq, contact us today!