About HACCP Certification
What is HACCP?
HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) is a Globally Recognized technique for preventing microbiological, chemical, and physical contamination in the food or supply chain.
The HACCP technique does this by tracing the risks, establishing critical control points and limits, and ensuring control measures are validated, verified, and monitored before implementation.
Who can use HACCP?
All organizations involved in the food supply chain from producers to retailers can implement HACCP. companies include, but are not restricted to,
- Fruits & Vegetables, Dairy Products
- Fish & Fishery Products
- Nuts & Nut Products
- Bakery & Confectionary ,Hotels
- Meat & Meat Product
- Spices & Condiments ,Cereals
- Fast Food Operations
How to get HACCP Certification?
We make the HACCP certification process simple IAS will appoint a Certification co-ordinator who will guide you and your business certification process.
7 Principles HACCP System:
In order to ensure food safety at every stage of food production (from purchasing to serving) should be carried out and monitored Tightly.
The HACCP system is a systematic and scientific approach to identify, assess, and control of hazards in the food production process. In HACCP system, food safety control is integrated into the design of the process rather than on end-product testing methods.
The seven principles of a HACCP System are:
- Analyze hazards
- Determine critical control points
- Establish limits for critical control points
- Establish monitoring procedures for critical control points
- Establish corrective actions
- Establish verification procedures
- Establish a record system
HACCP Certification Procedure
- Contact IAS with the completed Application form, we will contact you to discuss the specific details about the haccp certification.
- Identifying the product or the range of product to be certified
- Registration of product or range of product to be certified
- Submission of first documentation by manufacturer (Based on Certification standard, including test certificates)
- Evaluation of documentation
- Visiting the location and auditing the products to ensure the product meets the HACCP certification requirements.
- Submission of final documentation along with additional clarification.
- Final document evaluation and recommendation
- Award of HACCP Certificate
Benefits Of HACCP Certification:
- Minimize the Food safety Hazards contamination in Food.
- Reduce the potential Food born diseases, which may cause due contamination of food.
- Improve Compliance level with applicable statutory and regulatory food safety requirements
- Effective communication on food safety issues to their suppliers, customers and relevant interested parties in the food Supply chain
- Improve the business potential among the competitor
- Improve the confidence of customer and end user.
- Reduce cost of Food Analysis.
- Implement internationally recognized food safety system
- Conveys a degree of confidence required by consumers, retailers and buyers within the food industry
- Provides buyers, consumers, government enforcement and trade agencies with justified assurance that control systems are in place to assure the safe production of food
- HACCP aligned with ISO 22000:2018 food safety management systems.
- Continually review and improve your system so it stays effective
- It is based on the internationally-recognized Codex Alimentarius standards and guidelines and other national standards
- Regular assessments help you to continually monitor your food safety system
- HACCP can add value to your entire supply chain with improved hazard controls, whatever its size or location.
Any assistance regarding HACCP certification in Iraq, contact us we are there to help and support. MAIL: [email protected]