What is AS 9100 Certification?
AS 9100 is a widely adopted quality management system (QMS) standard for the aerospace industry. It was developed by the International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) and is based on the ISO 9001 quality management system standard. AS 9100 certification demonstrates that a company has a QMS that is aligned with international standards and that is focused on meeting the specific needs of the aerospace industry. This can give suppliers a competitive advantage when bidding for aerospace contracts.
Importance of AS 9100 Certification in Iraq
The aerospace industry is a rapidly growing and highly competitive sector. To stay ahead of the competition, companies must continually improve their quality management systems. One way to do this is to achieve AS 9100 certification. This certification is important for any company that wants to do business with the aerospace industry. This certification demonstrates that a company has a commitment to quality and safety, which are both extremely important in the aerospace industry.
The certification can also help a company win contracts with the aerospace industry, as many companies will only do business with companies that are certified. In addition, it can help a company improve its internal processes and procedures, which can lead to better quality products and services.
Benefits of AS 9100 Certification in Iraq
- It can help improve your company’s image and credibility, making it more attractive to potential customers.
- The certification can also help you win government contracts that require contractors to be certified to AS 9100.
- It can give your company a competitive edge over others that are not certified.
- The certification can improve communication and coordination between different departments within your company.
- It can help you develop and implement better quality control procedures.
- It can lead to cost savings by reducing scrap, rework, and warranty costs.
- It can help you attract and retain high-quality employees who are interested in working for a certified company.
Which Organizations Can Apply?
Any organization that provides products or services to the aerospace industry can apply for AS 9100 certification. This includes companies that manufacture aircraft, components, and materials; companies that provide engineering, design, and testing services; and companies that provide maintenance, repair, and overhaul services.
Audit Procedure for AS 9100 Certification in Iraq
The audit procedure for AS 9100 certification in Iraq consists of 2 audit stages:
- Stage 1 Audit (Preliminary audit)- The first stage of AS 9100 Certification audit is to find out whether an organization is ready to proceed to the second stage (a Certification audit). It begins with an in-depth understanding of the company’s policies, procedures, objectives, and risks and then assesses the effectiveness of the company’s quality management system by speaking to employees and conducting process and procedure audits.
- Stage 2 Audit (Certification Audit) – The final audit stage examines and audits the organization’s entire management system to ensure that it meets all of the criteria in the AS 9100 standards. The time it takes to go through stage 2 of the AS 9100 audit is influenced by a company’s size as well as how many locations it has. After the successful completion of these two audit phases, an AS 9100 certificate will be granted.
Get AS 9100 Certified in Iraq Through IAS
Integrated Assessment Services Pvt. Ltd. (IAS) is a prominent certification body that provides AS 9100 Certification in Iraq. We have over 15 years of expertise in delivering high-quality ISO services. We provide a comprehensive range of support to assist organizations in the aerospace sector implement and improving their quality management systems. We also provide training and support on the requirements of the AS 9100 standard.
Kindly contact us to have a free discussion about AS 9100 certification in Iraq for your organization! Request a quote now!