What is BRC?
BRC (British Retail Consortium) is a British trading company and has established a series of standards to assist organizations as well as food manufacturers/suppliers. The BRC standard certainly helps organizations comply with food safety legislation and manufacturers to prepare safe, high-quality food products by providing effective guidelines. BRC is a food safety management system standard that ensures food safety as well as quality. Also, BRC standards provide best practices for implementing food safety at all stages including,
- distribution process
BRC certification proves that the food is safe for consumption. This is an internationally recognized certification that enhances the image of your organization and thus helps you to be easily recognized by many retailers, food service companies and manufacturers around the world. Moreover, BRC certification also improves your ability to work with many organizations.
BRC Certification Benefits
BRC certification offers the following benefits to organizations/manufacturers.
- Helps to fulfill legal obligations
- Protects your brand and company image
- Enhances customer confidence in your production and supply chain management software
- Directs manufacturers to provide safe, high-quality food products
- Meets customer expectations
- Enhances the reputation of the organization
Who Should Obtain a BRC Certificate ?
Obtaining BRC certification is important for all organizations in the food supply chain. Ensures food quality as well as customer satisfaction. Also, BRC certification is a must,
- global retailers
- Component Companies
- food service organizations
- Raw Material Processors
IAS (Integrated Assessment Services) is one of the best researched ISO certification bodies in Saudi Arabia. We provide management system certifications according to various ISO standards and offer BRC certification in Saudi Arabia and also in many Gulf countries including UAE, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait and others. We also have branches and representatives in many countries such as India, Philippines, Bangladesh, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and so on.
Founded in 2006, we have over 13 years of professional experience in auditing and providing process and product certification. With two decades of audit experience, we help organizations/manufacturers/suppliers achieve both process and product certification faster and easier.
IAS – Product Approval Procedure
Product certification is the process of qualifying a specific product that has passed performance testing as well as quality assurance testing. IAS provides various product certifications such as CE mark, CGMP, GOST-R, GREEN, HACCP, Kosher, BRC, RoHS, etc. The product approval procedures include the following:
- Complete the applicable product certification form
- Contact us with your completed Product Certification Request Form for a free discussion on the certification process
- Determine potential requirements related to your applied products
- After determining the specific requirements, our auditors will perform an audit on your product based on the submitted application form
- Evaluation of technical documents
- If there is any deviation, IAS will provide the audit report with corrections or corrective actions
- After effective implementation, the IAS will issue the certificate.
Want to know more about the BRC certification process in Saudi Arabia? Please contact us for detailed information.